Ripples... Children's Ministry at PAG
The youngest group of kids at Pass-A-Grille Beach Community Church is called the Ripples. All kids, from preschool age 3 through the end of elementary school, are welcome to join. This is an awesome group of kids, where there is always something happening: weekly Sunday morning Faith Formations time, monthly family activities, and special events.
We are a Safe Church, which means that all of our volunteers are thoroughly screened to ensure your child’s safety. Please go like our Facebook page, and be on the lookout for upcoming events! More information is below.
As children learn and grow, so do the programs we offer. There is a nursery with changing area for families with the youngest children; Faith Formations time occurs every Sunday morning during 10:00 AM church; children's messages are often incorporated into the service; family-friendly events are scheduled throughout the year.
After kids leave elementary school and move to grade 6, they will transition to Riptide (the middle school youth group).
Sunday Morning Faith Formation
What: After the in-church Children’s Message, Ripples kids move to the education area of the church for Faith Formations time.
• Kids are divided into two groups (younger and older), and experience a variety of activities and discussions designed to help them grow in their faith.
• We incorporate hands-on activities, art, music, games, and science as ways to help Ripples understand the message being presented.
• We always learn something from the Bible, and we always have a lot of fun.
When: Faith Formations time happens each Sunday during the 10:00 service. Kids start out with parents or guardians in church then leave for Faith Formations after the Children’s Message.
Where: Ripples meet in classrooms in the education wing of Pass-a-Grille Beach Community Church.
Family Activities and Special Events
Ripples events and family activities are great for fun and fellowship – we hope you will join us for any or all of them! From Rowdies games to bowling, we always have a good time. Please email email@example.com to sign up for events.
For more information about any of the following events, email Signewebb@yahoo.com
• September 23rd – Ten Pins Bowling in South Pasadena at 1:00 pm
• October 5th – 7th – Fun n Sun Family Camping
• October 21st – First Communion Meeting for 3rd Graders (and above)
• October 28th – Fall Festival! Right after 10:00 service.
• November 4th – Presentation of 3rd Grade Bibles & First Communion (after 10:00 church)
• December 2 – Kids Decorating (Fellowship Hall) for Advent after church
• December 24th – Family Christmas Eve Service 4:00
• January 13th – Family Fun Event (after 10:00 church)
• January 20th – Blessing of the Pets during 10:00 Service
• February 16th – Saturday Kids’ Camp – Art Camp, 10:00-3:00
• March 1 - 3 Weekend Family Camping to Fort Desoto
• March 3rd - Family Fun Event (after 10:00 church)
• April 14th – Palm Sunday and Children’s Processional during 10:00 service
• April 20th – Easter Cross and Egg Hunt at Montessori by the Sea playground (9:00 AM)
• May 5th – Cinco de Mayo Picnic at St. Pete Beach Rec Center at noon
• June 1st – Vacation Bible School
Each year our PAG family will give a Spark Bible (NRSV) to our 3rd graders. These bibles are easy to read and are a great resource for kids and parents! This year's presentation of Bibles will be on November 4th during 10:00 church.
We invite parents and children to learn about communion and then experience it. We recommend this for children in grade three and above. This year's communion education meeting will take place on October 21st after church, and the first communion experience will take place on November 4th.
Church Holiday Celebrations
Ripples and families love to celebrate! Join us the day before Easter for an egg hunt and Easter cross decoration. At Christmas time, take part in decorating the church.
Saturday Camps: Art Adventure & Vacation Bible School
Art Adventure Camp takes place on February 16th, and Summer Vacation Bible School takes place on June 1st. These fun Saturdays allow kids to learn and grow, while parents are free to spend the day at ease.